South Africa’s fastest network just got faster.
- Get Internet speed that’s up to three times faster than 3G
- Enjoy reliable and uninterrupted connectivity especially for advanced tasks such as video chats, conference calling and high-end multimedia apps
To activate LTE
Call 082 155, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone
Terms & conditions apply
What is LTE?
- LTE is a wireless broadband technology designed to support mobile Internet access via cellphones, modems and tablets
- It’s up to three times faster than our already fast 3G network
- LTE can reach up to 60Mbps in ideal conditions. On average, LTE customers will experience around 15Mbps
Who can get LTE?
You can get LTE if you’re a Vodacom Contract, Top Up or Prepaid customer with:
- An LTE-capable device or modem that operates on the 1800MHz frequency band
- A 64k or a 128k SIM card in the device (as the primary SIM card)
- The FREE LTE service active on the SIM card in your device
Why should I get LTE?
Highly reliable, uninterrupted connectivity
Enjoy all that the Internet has to offer - image-heavy web pages, fancy web pages, music, and video -at a much higher speed than a conventional dial-up modem.
Smoother connection with less lagging
Get stutter-free video, breezy gaming plus almost instant music and picture downloads.
Great online experience
Enjoy the entire online experience with high speed and reduced latency.
How much does LTE cost?
- LTE is FREE – no activation or usage fee
- Data usage will be charged at your applicable contract rates whether you’re using 3G or LTE
How do I get and use LTE?
To enable LTE on your device:
- Set the APN of the phone to lte.vodacom.za (you may need to reboot your phone)
- Set the network mode on the device to automatic
- Your phone will automatically switch to the LTE network when you are within an LTE coverage area
To activate LTE on your account:
- Call 082 155, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone for assistance with the set up
- Visit any Vodacom Shop for assistance
Report LTE network faults:
To help us fix connectivity problems quickly, please tell us exactly where you experienced poor coverage or had no reception.